Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF-100: Alkalinity test droplet size

1. Back To Top    #1

TF-100: Alkalinity test droplet size

I'm a proud new owner of a TF-100. Everything is going well except for my alkalinity test. I'm getting readings over 300. I believe the problem may be that the droplet size that my R-0009 reagent bottle produces is atypically small. In fact, it's very hard to squeeze the bottle gently enough that it doesn't cause a fine stream of reagent. In my brief experience, the droplet size in most reagent tests is about the same. Should the R-0009 bottle create the 'typical' droplet size?
    31,000 gal gunite/Pebblesheen pool w/spillover spa, 2-speed 1.5 HP filter pump, 3 hp spa jet pump, 2 hp sheer decent pump, blower, DE filter, Jandy automation and SWG, Jandy 400K BTU gas heater, Polaris 280 cleaner with booster pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: TF-100: Alkalinity test droplet size

The R-0009 reagent seems to develop static electricity at the tip causing the drops to "shoot" off the tip and be smaller. Try wiping the tip with a damp paper towel, possibly as much as after each drop, and that should take care of it.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: TF-100: Alkalinity test droplet size

The damp paper towel did the trick. Thanks for the great product and support.
    31,000 gal gunite/Pebblesheen pool w/spillover spa, 2-speed 1.5 HP filter pump, 3 hp spa jet pump, 2 hp sheer decent pump, blower, DE filter, Jandy automation and SWG, Jandy 400K BTU gas heater, Polaris 280 cleaner with booster pump.