Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winterizing a Hayward H100ID1

1. Back To Top    #1

Battle Creek, MI

Winterizing a Hayward H100ID1

This is my first winter closing the pool with the Hayward H100ID1 NG heater. The system has been disconnected with the pump and filter put into storage, but the manual for the heater doesn't give any detail about winterizing it, which I plan to leave sitting in place beside the pool. There doesn't seem to be a drain plug of any kind, and the way I plumbed the inlet and outlet with PVC suggests to me there could still be water inside the heat exchanger. Do I need to take extraordinary measures to make sure as much water as possible is out of it? Insulate and cover it? What are some suggestions from others with this heater in cold climates?
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

New Brunswick Canada

Re: Winterizing a Hayward H100ID1

A friend of mine just disconnnects his and brings it in his garage. If you are certain the gas line is off and can be closed, then why not do that. Water should be fairly easy to blow out.