Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: lost a message; auto-save doesn't work?

1. Back To Top    #1

lost a message; auto-save doesn't work?

I composed a long detailed list of questions and thought I posted it right before dinner. When I got back to the computer, I post was there indicating an excessive character count. All of my photos were converted into text. I deleted the photo/text and edited some statements to take into account the lack of photos. All the while, a little yellow box with the words "AutoSaved" kept appearing. After I finished editing, I reposted but got a message that I was logged out. I logged back in but could not find my message. It appears to be gone. Any way to recover. It took 45 minutes to compose.
    Irregular shaped vinyl pool - about 22K
    Hayward DE 6020 filter, Hayward Tri-Chlor Feeder
    Aqua Comfort Heat Pump Heater
    Polaris 380
    Taylor K-2006; FAS/DPD kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: lost a message; auto-save doesn't work?

If you go back to the same place you were when composing the message, a small easy to miss Restore Auto-Saved Content button sometimes appears on the bottom left. If you press that button it will restore the last thing that got auto saved.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Back to the forum I was in (Closing pool, etc.)?
    Polaris 380

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, you need to be in the same place your were when you were first composing the message. However, I am not sure just how long auto saves things for, so it might be gone by now.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

It must have gotten dumped when I was timed-out of the forum.
    Polaris 380

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-Bob View Post
    It must have gotten dumped when I was timed-out of the forum.
    I don't think the auto saved message disappears that quickly -- I've occasionally had the experience of composing a message, and getting logged out while doing so, especially if the message is a long-winded one, LOL. When I logged back in, the Restore button that Jason mentioned in post #2 was there, and it worked. However, that was maybe half an hour after getting logged out, not 12+ hours later.
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits