Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air Pillow for Inground Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Air Pillow for Inground Pool

Currently we use a pump to keep the water from gathering on our winter pool cover but we have to go out and routinely clean off the debris. I am looking at air pillows as a means of shedding water and debris. I see they are usually for above ground pools in areas where freezing is an issue. I am in SE Virginia so that is not usually a large concern.
    My pool is a true L and is 20' by 40'

Is there a reason I should not install 2 pillows matching the L shape of the pool.

thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air Pillow for Inground Pool

I can't imagine it helping at all, but I can't see it hurting anything either. Pillows are used on above ground pools to help distribute the tension on the walls more uniformly, which really isn't an issue for an in-ground pool.

Water and debris are still going to collect on the cover, and you are still going to need a cover pump.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Air Pillow for Inground Pool

bummer ok. Thank you for the info, I appreciate it!