Finding leak in in-ground pool (solved)

Jan 9, 2012
Argentina
Hi All

We`ve had our pool a couple of years and we recently opened it for the summer. I noticed the pool water level was at the lights before I emptied it and refilled it. Then I noticed the level had dropped half an inch in a day. I also noticed that the ground around one of the inlet jets was a bit soft and low and behold there was a leak in one of the jets pipework. We had that repaired. But then noticed that the level was still dropping. I left it for a week to see how far it would drop and it seemed to level out at about halfway down the inlet jets, and almost at the bottom of the skimmer inlet. I did a bucket test and the level stayed the same throughout the day without the pump running. So then I filled the pool back up and let the pump run for a few hours, again I noticed the level had dropped half and inch. When I went to turn off the pump I noticed a few bubbles come up from one of the lights closest the inlet jets. I started the pump and turned it off after about 10 seconds and again a couple of small bubbles came from the plastic light cover.
So i`m a bit confused, i`m suspicious of the lights but also the fact that the levels seemed to be ok when it reached near the bottom of the skimmer , which is still a few inches above the lights.
Any suggestions of what to try next?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.