Numbers on my new pool pre salt

Starsky

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2008
I'm waiting on the addition of salt. Probably got another week to go. My readings today were

FC 1
CC 0
TC 1
TA 80
CH 170
CYA 20

I could barely see the dot on the CYA but I could still see it at 20. They have an in line tablet chlorine feeder set to 5 the highest setting.

I just added 150 oz of 6% bleach. On my day off I will get some stabalizer to add.

Any suggestions?

I think you're in excellent shape.

You are wise to purchase the stabilizer.....the tabs won't bring you up quickly enough for your swg's recommended level. You might consider calculating only enough stabilizer to bring you to 50ppm and then let the tabs slowly bring it up to your intended level.

All your other numbers look very nice. I like the inline chlorinator....that's a nice touch on an SWG startup.

Of course, you'll need some muriatic sooner or later (what was your pH?) and your CH will most likely increase on it's own but it sounds like you are aware of that already.

New numbers after salt has been added for 2 weeks

FC 7.5 ( I adjusted the chlorination from 65% to 60 and the pump run time down from 12 to 8 hrs. )

CC 0

TC 7.5

TA 100

CH 180

CYA 60

PH 7.6

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.