Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quartzscapes St. Martin Shade

1. Back To Top    #1

Quartzscapes St. Martin Shade

I'm planning on going with St. Martin Shade for my pool finish. Does anyone in the Dallas area have that finish in their pool? Just hoping to get one more warm fuzzy about the color before it's too late. Thanks
    39 x 16 freeform in-ground gunite, QuartzBrite Midnight Blue finish, 3.5 x 5 x 7, 21,435 gal, 18" elevated spa 8' diameter, 2 Hp Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVGR pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 320 In-line chlorinator, Paramount O3 Ozonator, ScreenLogic II Controller, Polaris 280 cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quartzscapes St. Martin Shade

Does anyone anywhere have the St. Martin Shade Quartz plaster finish? If so could you post a picture for me to see? Did it come out like you hoped? Thanks
    39 x 16 freeform in-ground gunite, QuartzBrite Midnight Blue finish, 3.5 x 5 x 7, 21,435 gal, 18" elevated spa 8' diameter, 2 Hp Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVGR pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 320 In-line chlorinator, Paramount O3 Ozonator, ScreenLogic II Controller, Polaris 280 cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Quartzscapes St. Martin Shade

Sorry we went with Aruba Sky instead of St. Martins Shade because it's just too dark of a color for SE La. where water can get into mid 90's in the middle of summer easy. Like anything in pool construction it depends on the crew doing the plaster job. Mine looks the same color as on the web site but only in places can you really see the dark specks in the plaster. So it's not exactly like what is shown the internet. It's all in how it is mixed and applied or even how much QuartzScape is used as to how much it will look like the picture on the web. Now the PB did say in time that the dark specks will show more as years go buy. The big plus for QuartzScapes is that in 10 years all you should have to do is acid wash it and it will look almost new.
    12K gal, custom flipped kidney bean with spillover spa. All Pentair equipment, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, 400K BTU heater, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, CCP-320 Cartridge filters, Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner with bootster pump, QuartzScapes in Aruba Sky blue, LED lights and travertine tiles for decking and stones on rear edge for landscaping. TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir