Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New 2 Speed pump only runs low speed for exactly 30 minutes

1. Back To Top    #1

New 2 Speed pump only runs low speed for exactly 30 minutes

I have replaced my broken single speed pump motor with a two speed motor and added a 2 speed relay to my Aqualink RS6 controller. I configure the pump runtime to be 12 hours, and the low speed to start after two hours and to run for 10 hours. The pump starts and runs for the first two hours as it should, and then drops to low speed correctly, but only runs on low speed for exactly 30 minutes. I have repeated this several times with different timings, but the bump will only run on low speed for exactly 30 minutes. At first I suspected a bad 2 speed relay, but because the run time is so consistent, I think it must be a config issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sam
    21K gal Plaster pool w/ 6 jet Spa, 2 HP Jandy Stealth JHPU2.0 (upgraded to a 2-speed motor) pump for pool/spa, Jandy 60 sqft DE filter, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy Aqualink RS6 Controller. Water feature with Jandy JHPU1.0 Pump, Tiger Shark pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New 2 Speed pump only runs low speed for exactly 30 minutes

Sounds like a configuration problem to me. But, I have no experience with that controller.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!