Help with older pump motor wiring...

Sorry I dont have a good answer for you. Suggest you identify the motor and search for a schematic. I suspect that two wires in that squirrels nest go to a capacitor, not shown in the pictures. Some of the shops that do a bunch of on line sales have some great resources on their sites (like Inyopools). If you have some time and a cheerful voice you might even give them a call. Best of luck to you with getting this back together.

As a side question, is that a melted screw flange or an attempted JB Weld repair near the Line 1 connector?

Thanks for taking a look! I knew I heard something chattering in that mess of wires. ;)
I'll hunt the diagram down eventually...
Oh, and that messy looking mount, it cracked because it has to hold all of those wires down because the other bolt is at the top.
I actually did that gnarly looking repair with a 40w soldering iron. I've found that to be a very rigid fix, not pretty, but it won't crack and I don't have to deal with excess material.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.