Always a SAD day... Closing

JumboShrimp

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
Been waiting for that ONE MORE WEEKEND with good temps but... It Ain't gonna happen here in central PA.
So, the Boss & I got started on the the process. I use rubber plugs with Schrader valves and very little anti-freeze. I Don't lower my pool water below the skimmer and have been very happy doing this for 6+ years. BUT....
When I put the O-Ringed caps on the wall returns, one of them was bubbling - leaking. Not good!!

After MUCH F'n with it I noticed that the trim piece had a crack in a screw hole. I didn't take a pic of it but here is a very similar escutcheon - 4 screws on a round cover.
wall-return.jpgwall-return.jpg

So... after using the.... SEARCH feature, I read that using an expanding plug vs the O-Ring cap would solve the problem?? I used a big, fat O-Ring and Teflon Tape and it still bubbled. Kinda like that idea!!

Can I replace the trim ring with out too much trouble (very lazy) or is this gonna be another major project?? I would rather fix this now, before I finish closing it.

If it was YOUR POOL, what would YOU do??

Thanks - Love this place!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.