Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Always a SAD day... Closing

1. Back To Top    #1

Always a SAD day... Closing

Been waiting for that ONE MORE WEEKEND with good temps but... It Ain't gonna happen here in central PA.
    So, the Boss & I got started on the the process. I use rubber plugs with Schrader valves and very little anti-freeze. I Don't lower my pool water below the skimmer and have been very happy doing this for 6+ years. BUT....
    When I put the O-Ringed caps on the wall returns, one of them was bubbling - leaking. Not good!!

After MUCH F'n with it I noticed that the trim piece had a crack in a screw hole. I didn't take a pic of it but here is a very similar escutcheon - 4 screws on a round cover.

So... after using the.... SEARCH feature, I read that using an expanding plug vs the O-Ring cap would solve the problem?? I used a big, fat O-Ring and Teflon Tape and it still bubbled. Kinda like that idea!!

Can I replace the trim ring with out too much trouble (very lazy) or is this gonna be another major project?? I would rather fix this now, before I finish closing it.

If it was YOUR POOL, what would YOU do??

Thanks - Love this place!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Always a SAD day... Closing

Sorry you have not gotten any feedback. Bumping back up so someone may see it and have an idea.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

New Brunswick Canada

Re: Always a SAD day... Closing

Trim rings are easy to replace. Get at it now.