Re-Doing Pool Deck Sort of DIY'ish

Apr 27, 2014
Central FL
Redoing pool deck at a home I just purchased and have so far have just removed the old Chattahoochee Stone and repaired/prepared the concrete for a new deck finish.

The look/design I am going for is the textured pool deck type that looks like knockdown texture.

I say DIY'ish because I am getting some help for this (for example with a few of us with chipping hammers to remove the old pebble/river rock, polishing off the glue where in a part where the old indoor/outdoor carpet was).... but now we seem to be stuck as to what product to order for the texture.

Granted, a friend of mine who is sort of "in charge" of this project, and I trust, probably has a much better idea than I do but....
I am finding out that some materials can only be applied to new concrete (which mine is not) but I am lost as to what product we need to be ordering and the cost.

Talk to me about any particular product/brand that can be applied for this knockdown texture finish. Tell me about bonding agents, sealers, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.