Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re-Doing Pool Deck Sort of DIY'ish

1. Back To Top    #1

Re-Doing Pool Deck Sort of DIY'ish

Redoing pool deck at a home I just purchased and have so far have just removed the old Chattahoochee Stone and repaired/prepared the concrete for a new deck finish.

The look/design I am going for is the textured pool deck type that looks like knockdown texture.

I say DIY'ish because I am getting some help for this (for example with a few of us with chipping hammers to remove the old pebble/river rock, polishing off the glue where in a part where the old indoor/outdoor carpet was).... but now we seem to be stuck as to what product to order for the texture.

Granted, a friend of mine who is sort of "in charge" of this project, and I trust, probably has a much better idea than I do but....
    I am finding out that some materials can only be applied to new concrete (which mine is not) but I am lost as to what product we need to be ordering and the cost.

Talk to me about any particular product/brand that can be applied for this knockdown texture finish. Tell me about bonding agents, sealers, etc.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Re-Doing Pool Deck Sort of DIY'ish

bump..

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Re-Doing Pool Deck Sort of DIY'ish

chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit