Pool Cover Decision

jpfuse

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
So I'm in the market for a cover for my in-ground. My main objective is keeping the leaves out. I'm in south Louisiana, so I have no need to close the pool. I've seen the leaf catcher types, but I feel like that would be a huge pain to deal with emptying it and to deal with the water bags. Should I just spring for a safety cover or is there some other recommendations? If so, should I get solid or mesh, and what is a good brand to go with without breaking the bank?

The question depends on how much you want to spend and also how you want your pool to look when it is closed. I have had a winter blanket and now have a safety cover. The look is amazing with the safety cover and it's actually enjoyable watching leaves blow back n forth across it. You should be able to source one for your pool for around $1,200 or less, it should have a 29 yr pro rated warranty. Just be aware you need 36" minimum from pool edge to edge of deck. If not, you will need reduced deck mount straps and those will be extra.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.