Aquapure service question

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
My Aquapure that is installed with my Aqualink PDA system seems to be saying service with code 123. That seems to say check the DC voltage or clean the cell or the cell is dead. I'm not sure how to check for voltage and it seems to pop the service light intermittantly, is there anyway to check the voltage? I did take the cell out and it seemed clean as can be, I could easily see through it, not sure if that means its worn out. I washed it with a garden hose and put it back on. I checked this morning and this evening and it doesn't seem like its producing any chlorine, not sure if there is any other way to test it besides a test kit in the water. Its the big aquapure 1400 model. I've been running it 5 hours a day at 95%. Its a small pool, I"d guess maybe 10K gallons top, probably less.

yea, most posts seem to indicate a bad board from what I can tell. I downloaded a troubleshooting flowchart and will hit it with a meter shortly and see whats going on. The cell looked fine and the power connection to the cell seems to be fine so I'm guessing its the board. I'd prefer it be the board as thats much cheaper to replace.

just checked it out. 11 volts going to the cell. That is half what should be going and the white molex connector on the board, believe it has 8-10 wires is melted together. I assume I need a new board, thats no problem, but what do I do about the connector? I believe you need special tools for that. I think I've done it once before but dont believe I have the tools and certainly don't have the pins and connector.

Update, it seems to be working now, but it needs to be replaced very soon. It appears from what I can tell that the connector melted where the transformer connects to the board and I think 2 of the wires were shorting out. I separated those and tested the points for the transformer. The transformer seems fine and when I went back to test voltage at the cell, it reads 29 volts instead of 11 so I assume its working now. However, that board needs to be changed soon. Thats no issue, but the connector is melted. If anyone can point me to the right connector, I'd appreciated. I tried searching the web and the connectors aren't exactly keyed the same. Alternatively, if anyone has replaced their transformer and still has the old one and wouldn't mind cutting the connector off and sending it to me, I'd appreciate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.