Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualink PDA Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualink PDA Questions

I just closed on my house yesterday and have been fooling with the Aqualink PDA system. I believe I should be able to set it so that if I go to pool or spa mode, whatever options should be selected but I can't seem to find out how to do this. Right now I'm just manually turning things on and off. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Aqualink PDA Questions

do you want to program times for certain pieces of equipment to come on and off?
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is a link to the manual

http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/m.../H0572300.ashx

I'm surprised it isn't already programed. Anyway read the manual it goes into detail. Page 40 has a flowchart so you don't get lost.

If you have questions come back and we will go through specifics.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

I have read through the manual. I programmed the filter pump to come on for 5 hours a day. That seems to work fine. But I"m thinking there is a way to have hot keys or something so I press a button and it automatically goes to say spa mode, fires up the blower, turns on the lights etc. All I can seem to see through reading the manual multiple times is that I can turn the equipment off and on manually.

Also I have the colored LED lights in the pool. I figured out how to change the color of those, thats working great, but I also have 2 laminars with colors and I can't manage to get them to change. Right now one shoots green and one shoots red. I've tried setting them to the auxilary like the lights for color change but there are laminars and laminar lights and I'm assuming I set the laminar lights for the color change, but no matter what color change I select, they just do green and red.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

the hot keys on the pda only allow 1 aux to be switched on. The Aqualink RS One Touch allows for multiple Aux to be switched with the press of 1 button.
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

6. Back To Top    #6

If the laminars are Jandy, I think there are ways to physically hard wire your system so the PDA would work. It would involve putting the laminars on the lights relay and putting additional physical switches to select the various components.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

7. Back To Top    #7

So with the pda, I just have to turn on what I want? That kind of sucks. Does the I aqualink work better?

The lights and laminar lights are on two separate relays and aux already.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

you can program on/off times for each AUX so they can come on automatically and you can turn each AUX on manually to over-ride the programming.

9. Back To Top    #9

Can the iaqualink do it with programs or is it still manual and can my pda be upgraded easily?

10. Back To Top    #10

You can program your lam jets and water features to turn on at specific time of day you just need to program it. If you want to tunr them on manually you need to go to devices, if its not labelled try turning on "Extra Aux" as this might be your lam jets.

I never got the PDA I just use the App on my I-phone.

We love the ease of use of the i aqualink system, the lights are so much fun we get nothing but compliments on the light shows!

Hope this helps.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build