I think some people could have been more grateful....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPP

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2008
Indonesia
Hi All,

I don't know if I should bring this up. This subject may have been brought up but I don't know how to do a search. I am sort of confuse on the "key" word to use. I am sorry if this post been brought up before.

I am not pointing fingers at anyone but I get to read alot of people's problem with their water, they come here, they don't even support thru donation and still the nice people in here responded with care and attention.

OK, the donation part is not the big issue but what seems sad is that, many thread seems to lack of final report. When the going gets good...suddenly the thread starter just disappeared. So their pool problems got corrected but at the least there should be some sort of final informartion or "thanks" to close the thread...just IMHO. Those who helped sincerely definitely would like to hear that the advice worked. People spending time on other people's problem for no $$ , is a kind act.

In the end the thread starter got proven "research" from members here for free...so why is a final sweet closing post on the outcome of the pool water quality/result ....many times are never delivered ?

The moment I found this forum, I know I have to register as Lifetime Member because expecting help and not giving anything in return is not the way I do things. By reading the massive information alone in this forum, one can troubleshoot their own pool without even needing to ask and that is already worth the contribution to the forum to support the cost of running the forum, bandwith and so on.

For me to wire such a small money to USA is not feasible, so I called my USA friend to PayPall the payment. Indonesian credit card is such a junk when it comes to foreign on-line transaction, I can't link it to PayPall\ or any other E-wallet.
What I am trying to say is, there are always two way traffic...... to be given, one should give back too.

OK that's all my steam today.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regards,
SPP

I am the furthes away member....12 hours difference means I am on the opposite side of the globe

Thanks - for both the support and the sentiment!

I agree, it would be nice for users who come for advice to report back the results. Before and after pictures are the best, but just a simple, "The pool looks great now - thanks," would mean a lot to those dispensing the advice. It would also give confirmation to future readers that the advice given here is proven and effective.

Sean

SPP,

That's a good post. No question, the follow-up posts reporting success are easily the most enjoyable to all concerned. (The posts letting us (me) know the kit is helpful is incredibly rewarding).

Being a cynic, I think it's the casual nature by which many (not all) folks approach their pools.

They got in trouble with inattention and neglect, and once their pools are fixed, go back to the same bad habits which frequently means they neglect to post their success.

The threads I really, really like are the newbies who come on somewhat skeptical but are willing to listen and give our advice a try. Theirs is not neglect or inattention but rather never having the opportunty to learn how to properly manage a pool.

The process those folks go thru as the principles of BBB are grasped makes me very grateful I am able to participate in such a valuable, pleasant forum.

Excellent post SPP !!

I completely agree with you :!: I joined because it was the right thing to do. People dont realize what it takes to run a run a forum like this. Plus I was raised that way also ...

Sean, had you ever thought about perhaps charging a small fee like $5 or something for a "one time" thread then offering unlimited posting once your a lifetime member? You could probably set up a 30 day trial or something like that for the $5 charge, I would think most issues could be cleared up by that time frame. Then once the 30 days has passed the poster has the choice of becoming a life time member at that time they can register a full time user name etc and make their donation OR as the operator says "please insert another $5er for the next posting" :wink:

Duraleigh (Dave), The product you have on the market is an excellent one :!: Your customer service is out of this world, your shipping is in the same vacinity and your poduct ROCKS :!: :goodjob: I now its helped us swim all season long here, which is far more than the 1 month we got before we joined here last year because of the algae we couldnt get rid of till we found TFP!

Keep up the great work on here everyone :!: :!:

Yes, Duraleigh, it is comforting to know if the assistance had a good result.

Pool store on average will not want to waste time teaching people the know-how, that is their very bread & butter. We can't blame them.

Irresponsible pool store will make pool owner trip to a 1 mile away "clear water" be a 5 mile labyrinth.... so to speak.

Here in this forum we have lots of honest and powerful brains.... :goodjob: ..and advice are free...
I myself was dissapointed with the pool store that I dealt with, thus I surf the web and found TFP.

Hence once in a while I like to report products I bought or experiments I do, just to share with whoever might be looking for the same information. There are a lot of "lurkers" I am sure.

I think it would be great if folks who found resolution to their problems would post a "that worked and now I'm trouble free" post after the problem has been resolved, telling us what advice worked and which didn't really apply to their issue :!:

I think it's just common courtesy to thank someone who helped, or tried to help you, for free! However, sorry Tiz, I don't think that there should be a charge for asking questions here, the site has grown so much, so quickly because it offers GOOD and free advice (lot's of folks wouldn't ask their question if it would cost them $ {even though they spend far more than that being slaves to the pool stores :evil: })

I want to thank all those who have given the resolution to their problems and want to encourage all who ask a question to PLEASE tell us how it 'worked out' ! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.