Help! Our cover will not play nice!

We have an agp and I bought a winter cover that I thought would work. I've seriously tried everything to get it to stay put. We have a pillow that will not stay where it belongs, and after fighting the cable to put the cover on originally I wasn't about to take it off again so I pushed the pillow back out towards the middle and threw some floaties in too. That's a minor problem, we have no wind break so the cover looks like more of a dome than a cover most of the time. We have the cable as tight as we can get it, I had cover clips that just blow off, we used shrink wrap, that's all bunched up in a wad under the edge of the cover, and I went around and clipped all my woodworking clips around the edge to try and help hold it against the wind. NOTHING is working. How do I keep the cover from getting completely trashed (cause let's face it they aren't super cheap) and keep the stupid thing in place?!!
I'm afraid the wind will just toss water bags around too, so I'm at a loss. We are in a hard freeze zone and should see snow in the next couple of weeks.
My next step is to order the industrial shrink wrap and wrap the pool top to bottom to try and keep the wind out of it.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm in a similar boat, and here's what I do.

First, tie the pillows to the posts. I take a post cap off, and tie a nylon rope from the post to a pillow corner. Do the same thing on the other side. This will keep the pillow centered. When you drag the cover over the top, it will want to snag, so I use my brush to get it over the top.

Next, I found that orientation of the grommets and the cable make a big difference. On the windward side of the pool, I make sure the grommets are in between the posts as best as I can. When the cable is cinched down, it will hold the cover down by the grommets. On the same side of the pool, at the posts, tuck the overlapped cover in between the cinched cable and the posts. This will hold the cover down at the posts. You'll still have wind getting underneath and blowing it around a bit on windy days, but my cover stays in place much nicer now than before I paid attention to orientation.

Once a little rain and the weight of snow gets on top of the cover, it should pretty much stay put.

I'm not sure that cover would make much difference, we had it wrapped down with the shrink wrap about as far as that cover goes. We are building at the back of our land next year and the hubs isn't even sure he's going to move this pool back there so I don't want to invest a whole lot more in it if we are leaving it for renters. Would turning the hose on to add weight to the top hurt it?

I need a new plan, we had the clips, and we had it wrapped with shrink wrap to within a couple of inches of the bottom, AND I ran a couple of inches of water on top of it. This morning I woke up to the cover half off and the cable snapped in half. Anyone familiar with return policies for covers? I'm out of ideas, and this cover wasn't exactly cheap ��

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.