question about my closing

suzook

Apr 15, 2014
Stony Brook, NY
New pool build this year includes a closing. I installed the solid safety cover myself. It has a center drain. My builder came, dismantled my pump and filter, clean the inside of filter, blew out all lines, installed plugs on returns, and gizzmos on both skimmers. Water is over returns and about 3 inches into skimmer. Isn't the water supposed to be below the skimmer???? I'm in NY, so there will be freezing. Am I missing something?

It is ok in a vinyl pool. However, with a solid/drain style cover, you will want to set a submersible pump in the pool and drain it down some so rain water can pass through. If the pool fills up too much, water will come back up through the cover drain.

Water will get into your skimmer no matter where the water level in the pool is. As long as there is a bottle or something in there to take up ice expansion, they will be just fine.

I assume your PB used duck plugs to blow out the lines, water doesn't have to be lowered when using those, hydraulic pressure keeps the lips closed, supposedly.

The water will eventually get up to the skimmer even if water was drained below the returns. I don't see a big issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.