Consequences of not cleaning green water before winter

The smell is from the CC's.
I just wanted to double check with the CYA. That's fine. Don't add anymore of the powered stuff. Only bleach !
What's your water temp ?
Test FC later today and post back. Just use the FAS/DPD test for it. You should be losing some FC. Your running pump 24/7 right ?

You are heading the right direction with the color change!

Now brush the pool-sides, bottom, etc.

Do you have a light? If so take it out and clean it.

Take your ladder/steps out and clean them. By clean I mean mix up some bleach and water 50/50. Spray it down good! Let is sit for a few minutes. Rinse again and again. IF you see any thing on the steps when you take them out you might want to use the spray twice to make sure to get it all.

Kim

The pool water is still somewhat murky, I can see the bottom but just barely. The water temp is 52 degrees, FC is still high at 25. Pump has run continuously, we have vacuumed every day. We have to be away this weekend, so what should we do with it? Since the leaves are falling, we are emptying the baskets several times daily. I'm afraid the pump will burn up if we leave it running all weekend without emptying leaves. We don't have a leaf cover, so should we cover it with the solar blanket or winter cover?

I really appreciate all the help I've been given!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.