What kind of paint to use?

I'm in Arizona and manage a 55+ mobile home park.I just had my pool acid washed but it still has some discoloration and stains from mineral deposits. I saw this as we started the refill process. The plaster is in pretty good condition otherwise. It's never been painted but I'm thinking about painting it. I have researched and found some different paint products that I am considering. Ultra-Guard and Rustoleum acrylic or epoxy are my two top choices for now but I would greatly appreciate any advice from anyone who has used or has knowledge of these or other paints. I've seen a few reviews about both products, both good and bad.The pool is drained now and time is of the essence as I will probably start the paint process today or tomorrow (October 15-16). The prep work is already done as far as acid wash and clean-up. Thanks.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Painting is a VERY temporary "fix". You pool will look much worse in a couple years when the paint fades and starts flaking off.

I would suggest saving your money towards a replaster if the discolorations bother you.

Of course if you can identify the stains (metals vs. organics), it may be possible to remove them as well.

Thanks for the response. I really don't want to paint it, but it really does look kinda bad. I have been pretty happy with the contractor that did the acid wash and he tells me that borax will help get rid of the stains. He had planned to add that for us as part of the job. We're relatively sure iron and copper are the culprits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.