Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaf Net True size

1. Back To Top    #1

Augusta, Kansas

Leaf Net True size

We have an above ground pool that is 16x32 (Intex rectangle). I was looking for a leaf net to help keep the cover a bit cleaner. Since they don't sell rectangle above ground nets I was looking at the in ground. Since I need some overlap to go down the sides of the pool to help keep it anchored should I assume that the in ground 16x32 would be the true size and thus not have any overlap?

15,000 salty gallons - 32' x 16' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex Sand Filter, Pump, SWG - TF-100 and speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2
    Elverson Pa.

Re: Leaf Net True size

You would think there would be some extra there for overlap. How much is the question. Being for an inground pool I can't say how much. You could ask that question to whoever your purchasing it from. If there isn't enough overlap you may have to get the next size up.
    I know mine has plenty of overlap, but it is for a round AGP. 😎
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

N.E. Oklahoma

Re: Leaf Net True size

I just purchased a solid cover that was listed for a 16x32 IG pool. The actual size of the cover is 21x37 to allow 2 1/2 ft overlap on all four sides. I did mostly online shopping and most, but not all, listed the size of pool the cover is for plus the true size of the cover. I would verify with seller if the actual size of the cover is not specifically listed.
    16x30, 12,500 gal. IG gunite/plaster with 60% quartz; Hayward TriStar 1.5 hp 2 speed pump & .75 hp booster pump; SmartPure ozone generator; Hayward C6060 SwimClear Microban cartridge filter; Hayward Ecommand HPC-4Controller; Pentair chlorine feeder; Polaris 280 robo vac. All installed Aug. 2014. Taylor K-2006 test kit.