Portable solar panel

Solar Bear install thought

Merged by moderator. jblizzle

Looking for a good place to put a Solar Bear since my city won't let me put it on the roof or have it visible from the street. In the picture below I have a 6' decorative wall at one end of the pool. I was thinking of adding a 4' x 20' "roof", about 2' this side, and 2' backside of that wall. Adding a 4x4 post for 1.5" piping to go down into the ground. I have a 1.5" pipe t o a return on a separate circuit (was for a cleaner, now just tied into pool return). That return is about 10' this side of my proposed 4x4 post, where I could dig down and cut that return line and have it go to the collector and back into the pool return. My question is, my equipment (1.5" return line) is about 75' from that return, then add another 40' to the panel and back, will there be enough pump pressure? I was going to use the Solar Bear center baffle, so both connections are at the left end. This spot gets south sun from 11AM to 4PM (longer in spring and summer). I know 80' of panel is low, but with a solar cover I'm thinking it could add 5 degrees after a few days. Think this is worth it?

SolarBear.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.