New Pool Owner - Jandy Aqualink RS Control System

jdjmad

Sep 15, 2014
Richmond
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and new to pool ownership. I just purchased a home that has a nice pool and spa and I'm having an issue with the Jandy Aqualink RS Control System not tuning one of my valves, causing my spa to drain in spa mode. I had someone from Leslie Pools come out to take a look at it and said it's not the valve that was defective, but it could be control board that needs to be replaced. He told me the cost was going to be $1,500 for the part plus the labor to install it. First, I don't want to spend that kind of money on something that could be the problem and second, I've done some research online as to what these cost and it seems I can get an entirely new system for less than that.

Is there any way that I might be able to do something myself to check validity of what the service tech told me, and if the control board is the issue, get some recommendations of online stores where I may be able to purchase one for cheaper than $1,500?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry for the delayed response, but automation is an area where there are not many members with experience.

It is easy to check if the actuator is the problem. Just toggle the little switch on it and if it moves, then it is getting power and not the problem. If it does not move, then the actuator could be bad or the controller may not be supplying power or the cord could be damaged.

I had basically the same problem. Valves would not operate when you put the pool in Spa Mode. I called Jandy and they said it was the controller board in the Jandy RS. They said a new board was $800.00 but they said it would be cheaper to upgrade the system to the new iaqualink system. I ordered the upgrade kit online for about $550.00 and I installed it myself. Now the valves work like they should and the iaqualink is web based. I can control the pool from my iphone. I can turn the Spa on when I leave work and it will be heated up and ready to get in when I get home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.