New Pool Build (Newbie) - Pentair Pump and Returns Question

I'll add my thoughts--from someone with a new pool (6 months)

We had the A&A mfg in-floor cleaning system put in on my request. (1st-number one reason is my brother has had in-floor in his pool since 84-and still says it is the best thing in his pool.) So we retired to Fl., had pool built, asked for in-floor, and after deciding on builder, let them put in the Company equipment that they use which was A&A. If mine last like my brothers, (yes he has had to maintain it, like anything, but no major cost), then I will be happy.

I have a Pentair VS pump. I run the in-floor for about 3 hours, then turn down the VS for the rest of the daylight, for the skimming and filter. We have a screened in pool, but it is truly amazing what can still filter in thru the screen, pollen and junk from the live oak trees and all the flowers around, stuff I don't even know how it gets thru that, but nothing big like leaves, grass etc. I have not used the skimmer suction with hose and long boom for some time now. Just using the A&A in-floor. I have taken the net on the long boom and fished out an occasional frog or lizard that found their way inside and are floating on the surfaced screaming save me. Ha!

The in-floor running off the VS has to run (because of the way my plumbing is), at about 2000-to 2350 rpm, the higher if water is running thru the heater also before going to pool to the A&A. Thats about 700 watts for 3 hours. Then the rest of the day at 1000 rpm which is the light bulb, about 125 watts. The reason for this I found out is the springs on the poppets are so stiff, if their is not enough flow-pressure, they will not push up out of their case in the floor. To me, the 3 hours is not much though.

Hope this helps.

Ryker - Thanks, your post was helpful. I figured there had to be someone out there that likes their in-floor cleaning system and hasn't had any problems with it. I am glad to hear about your brother's positive experience with the in-floor and I hope you have the same experience with your new pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.