CH Test - Purple Question

You should add drops until the color stops changing and the last drop that causes no change does not count. Did the 11th drop make it more blue?

I think the fading end-point is only a concern if it stays purple for multiple drops.

Of course you could always just follow the fading end point directions and see if it makes a difference.

It always eventually changes to blue. It was at 200 when the pool was first filled and I've added 4 or 5 lbs of calcium chloride (slowly over the course of a few days so I could test in between). 260 is my goal from the calc. As I added calcium chloride it went to 225 and then eventually 250. When I tested this morning it was 250 but for some odd reason it's coming up 200 now (I tested it twice). That is really weird. Maybe a bad sample of water. It's really windy out today and my pump isn't working.

When you get a fading end point, the test may or may not be complete at that point, so your result is either 225 or 250, and you can't say which one without doing the test and not getting purple, perhaps by following the fading end point suggestions in the extended test kit directions. That probably isn't really needed as there is only one drop of ambiguity and it wouldn't hurt to raise CH a little in any case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.