Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: walmart great value bleach

1. Back To Top    #1

walmart great value bleach

was at walmart this morning and I see they have a new label on their great value bleach. it's says "easy pour bleach" but removed the info about the % of sodium hypochlorite. I can only assume they did this on purpose and will not buy from them again until they publish this info again. it used to be 8.25%, but who knows now.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: walmart great value bleach

My WalMart has always had that version, but eh plain 8.25% is there also. Check with the store as they may have just run out of the generic and filled the shelf with the easy pour.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    My WalMart has always had that version, but eh plain 8.25% is there also. Check with the store as they may have just run out of the generic and filled the shelf with the easy pour.
    oh, ok, do you know what % the easy pour bleach is?

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd stay away from the easy pour bleach as it has some additives that I wouldn't want to add to the water. Stick with the plain unscented bleach.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

+1 on the easy pour. I usually grab a couple of bottles of 8.25 every time I go to Wally World but ran out. I grabbed 8 last time I went. One of those (unknowingly) is the easy pour. I just poured some in and noticed some soap bubbles. I checked all my other bottles and I'm good. The labels are very similar and there is not percent specification on the easy pour bottle.
    25K gal FF; QuartzScapes Barbados Blue; ColorLogic LEDs, ProLogic PS-8, AquaPod, AquaConnect, (3) WhisperFlo 2.5HP pumps, 1HP blower, 3/4HP cleaner pump; Pentair CC 520 cartridge filter; MasterTemp 400 propane, Rainbow 320; UltraPure UV/Ozone; Polaris 280; 7' raised spa by rock waterside; (soon) 62" fire pit, (soon) ODK; 60x40 screen enclosure
    Build - here.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by RiffeShooter View Post
    +1 on the easy pour. I usually grab a couple of bottles of 8.25 every time I go to Wally World but ran out. I grabbed 8 last time I went. One of those (unknowingly) is the easy pour. I just poured some in and noticed some soap bubbles. I checked all my other bottles and I'm good. The labels are very similar and there is not percent specification on the easy pour bottle.
    Yea, same here. I grabbed an ezpour one time and dumped it in without noticing. As my bleach is held in a 35 gallon tank and added by my Stenner pump I can only guess it got fairly diluted in the tank with the standard bleach because I had no foaming or bubbles.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon