New guy in NJ

shades

May 30, 2007
New Jersey

Hi Everyone!

New to this site and pools in general. In the middle of a pool build, gunite, pebbletec etc. A friend is a pool contractor and is doing it on the side, way on the side, 8 months now. Coping guys coming tomorrow,yahoo, maybe water by July! I will take all advice on equiptment as that is our next purchase. Pumps, filter,heaters etc. whatever you think is best. I can't give much back but I have learned a few things along the way that may help someone at some point.

Married to a wonderful woman 2 great kids and a big dog that wants to swim. Christian, Optician, small group director at local church, Kung -Fu teacher and all-around water nut.

shades said:
Christian, Optician, small group director at local church, Kung -Fu teacher and all-around water nut.
Shades: Take it from a Christian, small business owner, Taekwondo black belt with instructor certificate, and all-around water nut: Your biggest mistake may turn-out to be doing business with a friend (or family). Be careful.

Thanks for the welcome looking forward to learning much. Debbie, you are right I am sure. I knew what I was in for so my expectations were in the right place. I knew there would be some character development in this process and welcomed it, although water by July would be nice.

Shades,
Welcome to TFP.

I'm only a brown belt in Judo. :x
I was just thinking, who would want to mess with a Kung Fu master to begin with!?
If this "friend" doesn't finish your pool this summer, TexasGirl and I will come over and open a can of WHOOP Rear on him for you. :twisted: