Ready to bring my 20 yr old system into the modern world and would like some advice on both equipment selection and design. Looking to bring the pool and spa together in one pump.
Proposed for a 17,000 gallon pool with an 800 gallon spa:
Pump: Pentair Intelliflo VS variable speed pump (3 hp?) (our electric rates are relatively high)
Heater: Rheem M206A (existing unit and planning to keep it)
Controller: Pentair SunTouch (Should I step up to an Intellitouch? Don't need lights or water feature automation)
Filter: Thinking cartridge type filter as that is what we've had - would like recommendations (Pentair 150?)
Chlorinator: Pentair Intelichlor IC40
1. Heater needs to service spa only (Florida weather)
2. Would like to return some water to spa when pool system is running to create a waterfall transfer / ongoing circulation
3. Current cleaner is a Polaris 380 (can I integrate without a booster pump?)
4. Have I missed an opportunity to upgrade some other facet of my system at this juncture that will be difficult to execute later?
5. Spa also have a vintage blower currently installed that will need to go - what replaces this system?
All advice is appreciated.