Hi, I noticed a week ago the pool didn't have chlorine, and a very tiny amount of algae was beginning to form, but we were leaving the next day for a week, so I bought shock and algaecide to band-aid until we got back. We had allowed our pressure to get to 30. So the #1 top priority when we got home was to clean the DE filter and add DE which we did this afternoon and it is now back to its normal 22#.
I will break this into 3 areas of concern.
1) Our Goldline Universal Aquarite Replacement Cell 40k Gallons - GLX-CELL-15-W is 4 years old. It does not appear to be producing chlorine. At the Aquarite display board outside where the SWG is located, it does not say "inspect cell," nor does it say "no flow". The only indicator which is lit is "Aquarite RS." Is it possible the cell died and is the cause of no chlorine? My husband inspected the cell today and said it is clean as a whistle. This is another sign it is not being used. Alternatively, is it possible the low CYA is the reason we have no chlorine and the cell is ok?
edited to add link to picture: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...psffb0b767.jpg
2) Here are our chems - I test with the Taylor K2006:
Salt: 3000 (I test with K 1766 kit)
pH: 7.0 (it took 12 drops of R0006)
CYA: appx 10
According to poolcalculator we need:
- 124 oz of bleach which is only a band aid until we get the SWG fixed
- 53 oz of washing soda for pH
- 135 oz of stabilizer for CYA which I don't think I can get at WM, have to go to PS
- 25 lbs of salt
Any other chemical suggestions?
3) Last week was the 2nd time in 9 years we had algae, so I am not savvy on algae. I was too aggressive in treating it and now we have foam in our pool. Is this a problem?
edited to add link to picture: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...psde046390.jpg
Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom.