Suds and body oil on pool surface

I have heard the cya debate on both sides of the fence . I just choose not to add it . I mean no offense !
My issue is the bubbles I don't see how the cya can affect that ? Maybe I'm wrong that's what I'm trying to figure out .
There is no CYA debate. It is a fact that adding CYA to your pool will make the water less damaging. Leave the FC at 4ppm, add 30ppm of CYA, and the water will be over 10 times less harsh than it is now. That is a chemistry fact.

Ok so I will add cya . Over the next few weeks with holidays we will be gone for extended periods of time so I will use some pucks I have and build to 20 . I keep seeing these bubbles and they just don't look normal !
I'm wondering what steps I can take on the preventive side . I will use non chlornie shock and enzyms but the question is how best to use them as a preventive measure ? I'm also thinking the 2nd temporary filter setup I've been using maybe the cause of what I'm seeing ( adding more air to the water )

Why are you using non-chlorine shock and enzymes? I'm confused. :scratch: Preventative means keeping all of your chemistry balanced. For the most part all you need is bleach and muriatic acid to do that. Pucks are fine if you're going on vacation just depends on how long the vacation is. If you're going to raise the CYA past 30 with the pucks, you may end up having to do a partial drain when you come back. Alternatively, you could just put some CYA in a sock and let it sit in the skimmer then add enough bleach to reach your shock FC level. That should be good enough to last at least a few days .. I imagine maybe 4 or 5 days if the water is cold enough. If PH rising in that time is a problem for you, then you may have to use the pucks anyway .. unless you can get someone to pour acid in your pool while you're gone.. if you think it will be needed. But again, if your CYA goes too high youll have to drain some water to get it back down.

Maybe it's time you post pictures or video of the bubbles that form behind a swimmer so we can "see" what it is you are concerned about.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.