Suds and body oil on pool surface

Yes, I think you should let your filter do its job for a good few days now, and as long as your chemistry is good/maintained, see if that last bit of churned up cloudiness goes away.

Now, i am basing that on what your friend said, which makes sense to me. Your friend said only time will break it down. If what he meant is that the "bonding" that these products have caused the cloudiness, your filter and proper chlorination should finish up the job and return clarity.

Eg, First do no harm ;) You probably need a rest anyway...just observe it for a bit and so long as its improving and your chemistry is kept in balance, then take no further action. Just observe.

Pools often heave better if you just "feed them and leave them" -- eg add the chlorine, control the ph, observe them daily, test those parameters. The simple stuff. Adding products or tinkering too much sometimes causes a chain of unintended consequences and interactions that are hard to ferret out and ultimately control.

Your problem initially was foaming and scum.
You've now hardened your water, found an air leak, shocked your pool and cleaned your filter. It sounds as if the foam problem has been mitigated. If you've now also added that bit of CYA, and are maintaining daily chlorine levels in accordance with the CYA/FC chart in pool school, you should be golden.

Your most recent post says the only problem left is that your water clouds up a bit when churned up, and that your friend in the industry has reason to suspect its from using too much enzyme.

Time, filtering, and the proper chlorine level will break down those enzymes if this dx is true. Ergo, the wait and see approach makes sense.

However, if your chorine is not maintained correctly and the water continues to cloud up worse, it can be early stages of algae (if there's enough sunlight indoors to produce same...not sure.) in THAT case, a SLAM would be in order. But that's unlikely since you just did a slam.

So that's why I'm saying to monitor for the moment. Others may disagree or have more/better information. But that's my best guess without eyes on your pool :)

Makes sense as the scum bugs are now picking up something? The sponges feel kinda slimy and full of what feels and looks like soap . Other than the cloudiness that goes away as fast as you can make it ( 10 minutes ) everything else is good . I still get suds but again they don't hang around long at all . All numbers are good except ph is high but waiting for FC level to drop below 10 before I adjust . I figure back washing and refill will get me there soon enough I'm at fc 15 no cc.
There is no light in the room to speak of ( just a few windows)

Just an update borrowed a cartridge filter from a friend and in 12 hrs the pool is 100%
I think the sand would have gotten me there just not this fast . I'm so impressed I'm looking into buying one . Thank you all for you help . The pool now looks better than it ever did !

When you need a little extra in filtering and you have a sand filter you can always add a little DE to the sand filter to help it pull out smaller particles. The other thing is to not backwash more often than your pressure indicates you should. You should wait to see a 20 to 25% increase over the clean pressure before you backwash. Backwashing too often doesn't allow the filter to get a little dirty which helps the filter, filter out smaller stuff as it's partially clogged.

adding DE to a sand filter: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/133-add-de-to-a-sand-filter

Filter maintenance: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/144-maintenance-and-cleaning-of-pool-filters

I did try adding DE didn't seem to help at all . I'm just amazed that the cartridge filter worked so fast . I'm not convinced there was something in the sand as much as I just needed a little more to get me over the hump on this . It was a sta- rite filter I beleive 400 sq feet

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes that is the filter . My friend is in the pool industry and he uses these to clear pools at the start of season . He just had it in his truck dropped it off all setup with its own pump . The water has never looked so polished !

Still have bubbles

So a little update . Water is crystal clear current test
FC 4
CC .2
Ph 7.4
Alk 80
Chl 200
Cya 0
I had almost 50 people in my pool this past weekend ( kids playgroups )
Water stayed clear the whole time all ( a little dull underwater )
Ran my borrowed sta rite filter over night crystal in the am used non chlornie shock
They only thing I'm seeing is bubble trails when people kick or splash ( gone in 10 seconds ) any ideas ?
I'm not worried about the cc since I used the mps shock
I ordered a new sta rite filter (450 sq feet ) and a Rola chem feeder will be installed in a week also having all of my plumbing redone. I'm pretty excited !

Re: Still have bubbles

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Is there a reason your CYA is so low? You must be loosing a LOT of chlorine to the sun and a FC of 4ppm with a 0ppm of CYA is actually MUCH more harsh/damaging to skin, hair, suits, and the pool than at the relative FC/CYA we recommend in the FC/CYA Chart.

I also merged your threads since I had no idea what bubbles you were talking about. And I also see that the CYA has been discussed as well.

Thank you couldn't find the old post .
No CYA because its indoors
Fc 2.6
Cc .2
All other numbers same as last test
It's just these little bubbles I'm dealing with
Room gets no sun to speak of ( I have been opening the doors and windows daily for the past few days to let some sun in and more fresh air ) not seeing any fc loss . I loose about .5 a day

I am not sure how many times it has been said, but I will say it again. TFP recommends 20-30ppm of CYA for indoor pools to reduce how harsh the active chlorine levels are.

Also, start doing the FAS-DPD test using 10ml of water so each drop is 0.5ppm. Save the reagent, no need to be more precise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.