Suds and body oil on pool surface

What are your chem parameters right now? Is it possible to perform a partial drain to dilute whatever is causing the foaming? You completed the SLAM, right? Cleaned your filter?

I wonder if its possible you have a small air leak in your return lines? Is there a specific area the foaming always starts?

Fc 15
Cc .5 maybe ?
Cya 0
Ch 170 ( pushing up )
Ph 7.4 ( at start of this slam)
Started slam again yesterday already see 100 percent difference no bubbles on sidewall this am and no suds at all
And yes I did finish the last slam
Always shows up in dead circulation spots and water action over it makes its disappear

I did open the filter and looked didn't see anything other than sand guess I need to look again . Not sure what the DE would look like ( I see nothing coming out of the jets ). I have done a very slow vacuumed for the last couple of days with no change in filter pressure

Well, I am not sure what dead algae looks like .. but I know what DE looks like at the bottom of my pool, because I had a filter problem recently that backwashed clean DE into the pool (I had just put it in to the filter). Now it's sitting at the bottom of my pool. I can't even see it unless I brush the pool. The pool is crystal clear, and can even see the bottom, but while brushing I can see a cloud of DE billowing up at the sides of the brush.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So pulled filters apart today I have 2 inline a 300 and a 450 something about the sand in the 450 seemed off . Not sharp but very dull so I changed it . The first filter sand seemed fine no change ran a hose in it for awhile nothing came up or out . I did find an air leak on the suction side . Not thinking that was my problem but It may be adding to the problem .
A full water change has crossed my mind but I'm on a very high water table and I could have total structure failure . It was not fun to watch during the last liner change!
I'm hoping this sand change will put the Polish on it .
Don't get me wrong I've had 75% improvement just taking along time .

Party has been and gone . My only issue now is according to a freaind in the pool industry is I have to much oxygen in my water that is making the pool look cloudy whn you stir it up . Claims it an emzym product I used and only time will solve it .
Does this make sense ?

If your friend has noticed this response in other instances of enzyme over-use, then he may be onto something ;)
Chlorine does knock enzymes out, as I'm give to understand, and you recently shocked, so I don't now if the dx on cloudiness is accurate in your case or not, but do know hat when things like sequestrant, enzymes, phosphate removers "bind" to molecules, as each is designed to do, it can sometimes lead to cloudiness that takes a few days of filtering to clear.

You've also just added calcium, which might be binding. I am not terrifically well-versed in chemical reactions (its all empirical trial and lotsa error with me) so don't put too much stock in my musings aloud ;)

I think my inclination in keeping with your friend's recc would be to check your levels, stabilize that chlorine then keep the level up to make sure you're not getting nascent algae cloudiness, maintain a bit of hardness to offset soft water, wait a week and see if the periodic cloudiness is gone via filtering and if at the same time the foaming remains controlled. I suspect you'll be golden ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.