thedrew8 in VA... well, sort of

Oct 11, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Hi all, we moved to our new house in Virginia this summer; with a pool of course. I deployed to Afghanistan just a few weeks after making the move so I didn't get much of a chance to enjoy the water. We are first-time pool owners and didn't know any better so the pool folks have been taking care of things this season. I found the forum a couple weeks ago and am looking forward to taking care of things as soon as I get back. I am trying to read and learn as much as possible during down time over here, it really is great to be able to think about the house and the pool.

I am a fairly handy person and, with the knowledge and advice here, I feel like the pool will be very manageable. I will order a test kit and have it ready before I get home. I will also take some of my deployment money and buy a robot as a 'family' Christmas present. Thanks for such an amazing forum.

John

Welcome drew! I'm Navy- wish you a good and safe deployment. When you get back, this forum is a godsend. Order up a TF-100 test kit and read up in pool school. You'll save SOOOO much money by avoiding the pool store in the future. Keep your CYA in check and use plain bleach for clorine and you'll be good to go.