Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cement dust stuck to stone coping.. Thoughts on removal?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cement dust stuck to stone coping.. Thoughts on removal?

Hey all,

So between the deck going in and the pebble install, I got a bunch of dust on the stone coping that doesn't want to come off with a pressure wash. I did a little research and got some ideas but wanted to throw it up here for a sanity check before pulling the trigger. So my thought was to mix 1 part M Acid with 2 parts water. Then wet everything down so I don't etch the concrete in case I get a little over zealous. From there just use a sponge and wipe it on until the dust dissolves.

Does this sound about right? Am I missing anything?

Thanks all!

P.S. here's what it looks like now...

Pool Noob.. Install was finished 9/2014 - 20k IG pebble pool - 700gal Attached Spa, All Pentair equipment, Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Cartridge Filter,
    Pentair Easy Touch wireless controller, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU, Pentair PoolShark Cleaner, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cement dust stuck to stone coping.. Thoughts on removal?

I guess no one has come across this yet?
    Pool Noob.. Install was finished 9/2014 - 20k IG pebble pool - 700gal Attached Spa, All Pentair equipment, Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Cartridge Filter,
    Pentair Easy Touch wireless controller, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU, Pentair PoolShark Cleaner, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG, TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

If that's a new install, the mason should fix that.

Yes, you need to remove it with diluted acid. rinse well.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Dave. Yeah it's turning into one of those finger pointing deals. The mason left it clean but then between the deck guys and the pebble guys, that's how it was left. Rather than mess with that, I figure it would be easier for me just to do it. Besides, we are having our first pool party tomorrow and I want it to look good.

Thanks for the reply.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

yeah a mild 10:1 acid solution will clean it up, that is 10 parts water to 1 part acid and always add the acid to the water.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.