Just ordered a Primo XL for the island

Please see the following progress, using BBQ Coach framework, granite tile and Primo XL.

20141019_182001_LLS-M.jpg

20141019_195846-M.jpg

20141019_195912-M.jpg

20141023_183105-M.jpg

20141025_154555-M.jpg

20141027_182418-M.jpg

Dry fitting the tile (still had a couple cuts to complete)
20141027_182330-M.jpg

20141027_182337-M.jpg

Thinset is done, grouting today or Thursday!
20141028_182242-M.jpg

20141016_140222-M.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Primo XL has to be the best ceramic grill out there. I've cooked on the eggs and have had a Primo XL for about two years now. I love the oval shape. It's makes a huge difference in the cooking surface. It's also great for indirect, convection cooking. Enjoy your new grill!

Primo XL has to be the best ceramic grill out there. I've cooked on the eggs and have had a Primo XL for about two years now. I love the oval shape. It's makes a huge difference in the cooking surface. It's also great for indirect, convection cooking. Enjoy your new grill!

They are from your area too (I am sure you know that all too well!)

Out of all the builds on this site, I'm probably patterning mine after the style you used. My island will be similar with the space for an egg, but also a built in grill right next to it. I do have a couple question. I see you used Trex type feet, but what are you using for bottom surface inside? I'm assuming you are putting doors so you can store items inside. Also, have you come up with your countertop? I was thinking of a doing a concrete top for mine.

The inside bottom is my stalled/unknown point here. I am not 100% what I am going to do, and part of that depends on how many/type of drawers and then remaining space. I will probably do some marine grade plywood in the open space. I don't have to worry about typical moisture here but until I have my doors/drawers/storage I am not 100% sure yet.

Counter top will be same granite tile with 1" overhang and using 1/2" tile backer board vs. the 1/4" around the sides.

So thus far are you pretty happy with the BBQ coach system? - VERY MUCH SO
Are the instructions pretty clear? - YES, OVERALL AND THEY HAVE PLENTY OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS TOO!
Have you ran into any problems? - NO NOT REALLY, YOU REALLY DO NEED 2 PEOPLE TO DO THE INITIAL ASSEMBLY

I'm totally not handy and contemplating if I should tackle one myself.

Please see answers above, been very pleased overall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.