Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered a Primo XL for the island

1. Back To Top    #1

Just ordered a Primo XL for the island

I just ordered by Primo XL, can't wait to get my island built and start cooking/smoking.
    This will be built into an island I will be starting within the next couple weeks, using the BBQ Coach system.

Exciting time and hope to have it all ready for Thanksgiving!
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just ordered a Primo XL for the island

Congrats.... I've had my Vision kamado for over a year now and love it.I also plan to integrate my kamado into my outdoor kitchen.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Please post pics, I'm anxious to see if the BBQ coach system is as easy to build.

What are your finishing choices going to be for countertop/ surround?
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh you can count on photos and I hope it's as "easy" as i've been seeing.
    Top finish will most likely be tile (TBD) and stucco on the sides (possibly integrating some left over pool tile into the design).
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

5. Back To Top    #5

Congrats, the Primo is awesome! We love our Primo XL. And we love our CyberQwifi controller that makes it even better.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Yeah, looking at the controllers.
    I am about to "team lift" the Primo this weekend as the Island is just about ready for the grill to be parked in it's new home.

7. Back To Top    #7

Excited to see the pictures!
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

8. Back To Top    #8

Please see the following progress, using BBQ Coach framework, granite tile and Primo XL.

Dry fitting the tile (still had a couple cuts to complete)

Thinset is done, grouting today or Thursday!

9. Back To Top    #9

Good progress and use of the Primo!

Grouting

Set in place!

Last time to be seen "naked" un-used

10. Back To Top    #10

Will be building more today, but second successful cook! I be Grillin'

11. Back To Top    #11

11/4/14 bbq island build progress, sections joined, more backer board secured (**** cordless drill battery died, in the charger now).

Job site inspectors

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Primo XL has to be the best ceramic grill out there. I've cooked on the eggs and have had a Primo XL for about two years now. I love the oval shape. It's makes a huge difference in the cooking surface. It's also great for indirect, convection cooking. Enjoy your new grill!

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by bkilpatrick View Post
    Primo XL has to be the best ceramic grill out there. I've cooked on the eggs and have had a Primo XL for about two years now. I love the oval shape. It's makes a huge difference in the cooking surface. It's also great for indirect, convection cooking. Enjoy your new grill!
    They are from your area too (I am sure you know that all too well!)

14. Back To Top    #14

Out of all the builds on this site, I'm probably patterning mine after the style you used. My island will be similar with the space for an egg, but also a built in grill right next to it. I do have a couple question. I see you used Trex type feet, but what are you using for bottom surface inside? I'm assuming you are putting doors so you can store items inside. Also, have you come up with your countertop? I was thinking of a doing a concrete top for mine.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

15. Back To Top    #15

The inside bottom is my stalled/unknown point here. I am not 100% what I am going to do, and part of that depends on how many/type of drawers and then remaining space. I will probably do some marine grade plywood in the open space. I don't have to worry about typical moisture here but until I have my doors/drawers/storage I am not 100% sure yet.

Counter top will be same granite tile with 1" overhang and using 1/2" tile backer board vs. the 1/4" around the sides.

16. Back To Top    #16

Chris

I cant be 100% sure but your job site inspector looks like one of my crew

IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

17. Back To Top    #17

Similar for sure I have 2 GSD's (one female coated/long hair and one mail Cxech line)

18. Back To Top    #18

So thus far are you pretty happy with the BBQ coach system?
    Are the instructions pretty clear?
    Have you ran into any problems?

I'm totally not handy and contemplating if I should tackle one myself.

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by rodog123 View Post
    So thus far are you pretty happy with the BBQ coach system? - VERY MUCH SO
    Are the instructions pretty clear? - YES, OVERALL AND THEY HAVE PLENTY OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS TOO!
    Have you ran into any problems? - NO NOT REALLY, YOU REALLY DO NEED 2 PEOPLE TO DO THE INITIAL ASSEMBLY

I'm totally not handy and contemplating if I should tackle one myself.
    Please see answers above, been very pleased overall.

20. Back To Top    #20

Looking good! Why are you smoking your hat????
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast