Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sandissimos says hello!

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink Sandissimos says hello!

Hi all!
    I'm glued to this forum ever since I found it a few months ago. I live on the South Coast of England and am just having my very first pool built in our small back garden. They hope it will take between 4 to 5 weeks, but the little digger is struggling because our ground is solid chalk! I will post some pictures once I have worked out how to.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sandissimos says hello!

Welcome aboard finally! Glad you decided to join, and do keep us posted as they sort it out. Pictures are good....
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

The picture storage allotment is very limited for basic members. To post more/larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Sandissimos View Post
    Hi all!
    I'm glued to this forum ever since I found it a few months ago. I live on the South Coast of England and am just having my very first pool built in our small back garden. They hope it will take between 4 to 5 weeks, but the little digger is struggling because our ground is solid chalk! I will post some pictures once I have worked out how to.
    Welcome! I'm originally from Bournemouth, a few miles away, also on the south coast (you know that of course!). You're going to have a pretty short season I guess! Unless you plan to heat?
    Built 1980, 19' x 30' almost rectangular, screened 15,000 gal, plaster, Hayward DE 3620 filter (currently using cellulose), Emerson 1081 1HP pump, AquaCal Heatwave SuperQuiet SQ110R heater, Zodiac T5 Cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by mikech View Post
    Welcome! I'm originally from Bournemouth, a few miles away, also on the south coast (you know that of course!). You're going to have a pretty short season I guess! Unless you plan to heat?
    Hi Mikech, we are going to have a heater & I'm hoping we'll be swimming from about Easter until September/October. Obviously that will depend on what sort of summer we get, but we are hardy here and often swim in the sea.
    12' x 24' IG approx 9.5k gallons
    4' 8" constant depth, vinyl liner, air to water heat pump, floating solar cover, 1 skimmer, 2 inlets, 1 underwater LED light, sand filtration system & now, finally, a TF100 test kit