Replacing Pentair Amerilites with Pentair Intellibrites and interfacing with Aqualink

Feb 27, 2011
Marietta, Georgia
I have 2 Pentair Amerilites and 1 spa light. Pool lights have been leaking for years and I am ready to change out. I have a Jandy Aqualink RS control system with a One Touch keypad in my house. My question is whether I can locate the Intellibrite controller in a waterproof out box near the J-box for the lights and have the dial set on the light show I want. Then just let the Aqualinks timer turn the lights on and off as usual. My concern is that it appears the Intellibrite controller has this big green on off button and I don't want to walk out to my pool equipment to turn on and off each time. I also don't want to run new power from my house to the pool equipment for the controller. Can the controller be located at the pool equip and controlled by the Aqualink?

Thanks for any help.

It sure is, like my situation, I have jandy lights that work great with the aqualink pda and pentair laminars that work but don't work as well as they should.

There are 2 different types of Pentair Laminars out there. The older ones had their own logic for the lighting sequence and the thumpers. The new ones are the exact same sequence as the intellibrite lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.