Pool Repairs--Am I getting Gouged?

Oct 7, 2014
Braintree, MA
Hi just bought a house with an above ground pool which needs a few holes repaired and a new liner amongst other things. It's a tricky situation since one end of the pool was covered by my deck and he needs to pull up some of the boards to replace the liner. I got a quote of $1675 for the following. Materials $725, Labor $950. Am I getting gouged?

New Beaded 20 Gauge Full Print Liner
Patching the Wall
Foam Padding
New Skimmer and Return with Gaskets
Pulling Up Boards
Re-Groom Bottom of Pool
New Bead Receiver (track for liner)
Clean out and add Sand to Filter
Start Pump to Check if it Works
New Pool Cover with Air Pillows Tension Cable
Winterize Pool
One Year Guarantee On Work

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

While I have no experience with AG pools, that sounds like a lot of work for the price.

Of course at this point, we do not know if this is a 4000 gallon liner or a 40,000 gallon line.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

It also appears in your scope of work they are replacing the sand in your filter. Sand doesn't wear out and there are only a couple of limited circumstances when it should be replaced.. Generally it is a way for pool companies to make add on sales and extra money.

THIS THREAD will explain a sand filter and how to "deep clean" it.

What I was getting at with regard to the size ... A liner for a round 12' diameter pool is going to cost less and is easier to install than one in a large custom shape with a deep end.

Ah, now I see you added a bit of a breakdown. You have to pay for "expertise". That said, many members have replaces their own liners.

Yeah here's a picture. Hard to tell, but the deck where the pool opens is covering the edge of the pool, making it impossible to get at the liner without removing part of the deck--hence the increased labor. Not just a simple liner replacemenet job.

pool.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.