Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot tub wire cut / gecko topside controller

1. Back To Top    #1

Hot tub wire cut / gecko topside controller

Lots of pics below
    bought our house a few months ago and the hot tub was there so I don't have much info on it. If anyone knows a brand or etc it would be appreciated.

Randomly a few weeks ago we noticed the hot tub was running as if everything was on (pumps, lights, etc). I flipped the breaker and left it off for two days, turned it back on and everything was still running wide open.

I crawled under the deck and it looks like the wire going from the Gecko K-8 topside control is sliced in two spots. Bought some mouse bait to hopefully stop this in the future.

Should I just replace the whole top side controller or can you do just the wire? I have a repairman coming out next week but would rather do it myself if possible. Or could it be something else?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412873678.148590.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412873690.909638.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412873700.297603.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412873709.389309.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412873719.913704.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hot tub wire cut / gecko topside controller

Can't tell from your photos; is there exposed copper? If not the wire is probably fine...just wrap some e-tape around it.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes. From what I can tell at least two wires are cut through. I assume it's an animal because it wasn't me...

4. Back To Top    #4

Just wanted to be sure everything would kick on if those wires are cut...