Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Covers

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Covers

I'm getting ready to purchase either a leaf net and/or winter cover for my 18' round AG pool but am uncertain of what to be looking for as far as features go. Due to the climate here its rare to get snow or ice but we have been know to get it ever few years. We do have several oak trees that are close by and will be dropping leaves and acorns soon.

Any suggestions or advice on things to consider? I subscribe to the belief that sometimes it's better to spend a little more money in the long run for a superior product but I don't want to buy into false hype either.

David (Pool Newbie)
    Johnny Weissmuller 18x52 AG Round (approx 8,600 gal), 1 HP Pro Line Pump, Model #SD10-1N11CB, Hayward Dream Line High Rate Sand Filter, Model #S190TSCP (45 GPM Flow Rate) with Vari-Flo XL Valve, Model #SP0714TX, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit with Speed Stir.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Elverson Pa.

Re: Pool Covers

This is the cover I use. It has a mesh strip down the center to let water seep thru. It's on it's 3 rd season and in like new shape. I've never had to pump water off it. I drain the pool down to the return and rain and snow melt fills it back up. More expensive than your run of the mill cover but it was worth it to me. 😎
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Brentwood, Ca (Nor-Cal)

Re: Pool Covers

Does anyone make a 16' round cover for an intex like that?
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit