Water Clarity Just After Balancing

Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

Ive been going through the acid/aeration process this afternoon and Ive finally got my PH/TA numbers where I want them. My CH is still a little low so Ill be adding some CH increaser in the very near future. My question is, should the water clarity be a little off directly after the acid/aereation process. Ive been doing alot of testing so Ive been dumping reagent filled water (from the test tube) and acid in the tub, and Im wondering if this is the cause of my not as sparkly water, and if this is something I need to resolve before starting on CH issue.

Thanks

We do not recommend dumping the test chemicals into a pool ... so it is certainly not a good idea to be dumping them in a spa.

You are talking about a small spa right? It is not mentioned in your signature.

Are you maintaining the appropriate FC levels through this process?

Ahh.. didnt know dumping reagents in water was a no-no.

Yes, its a small stand alone spa. Hot Spot Relay about 350 gallons.

FC levels have been fine through out process.

So can I assume the water will clear up rather quickty just by running through the filter?

So can I assume the water will clear up rather quickly just by running through the filter?
No. While it is not good practice to dump the reagents in your spa, it is doubtful they caused the cloudy water.

As Jblizzle asks, what is your current FC level and have you been maintaining it through the process?

Well I lied. I wasnt maintaining the correct FC level. I had just checked CYA a couple of days ago, so I was going off that number when comparing CYA to FC level. I tested it just now. Well, its double what it was. Apparently DW put more Dichlor in the tub and I didnt know. So Ive bumped the FC (bleach) to shock level for my new whopping 60ppm CYA level. I was going to do a partial replacment but after the work I put in today, Ill just deal the higher FC level, and let it go down as we replace splash out.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.