Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Clarity Just After Balancing

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Clarity Just After Balancing

Hi,

Ive been going through the acid/aeration process this afternoon and Ive finally got my PH/TA numbers where I want them. My CH is still a little low so Ill be adding some CH increaser in the very near future. My question is, should the water clarity be a little off directly after the acid/aereation process. Ive been doing alot of testing so Ive been dumping reagent filled water (from the test tube) and acid in the tub, and Im wondering if this is the cause of my not as sparkly water, and if this is something I need to resolve before starting on CH issue.

Thanks
    20,000 GAL, 16 X 32 IG Vinly Pool, Sand Filter, & 1.5 HP Hayward - Hot Spot Relay Hotub
    N. Mississippi.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Clarity Just After Balancing

We do not recommend dumping the test chemicals into a pool ... so it is certainly not a good idea to be dumping them in a spa.

You are talking about a small spa right? It is not mentioned in your signature.

Are you maintaining the appropriate FC levels through this process?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ahh.. didnt know dumping reagents in water was a no-no.

Yes, its a small stand alone spa. Hot Spot Relay about 350 gallons.

FC levels have been fine through out process.

So can I assume the water will clear up rather quickty just by running through the filter?
    20,000 GAL, 16 X 32 IG Vinly Pool, Sand Filter, & 1.5 HP Hayward - Hot Spot Relay Hotub
    N. Mississippi.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

So can I assume the water will clear up rather quickly just by running through the filter?
    No. While it is not good practice to dump the reagents in your spa, it is doubtful they caused the cloudy water.

As Jblizzle asks, what is your current FC level and have you been maintaining it through the process?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Well I lied. I wasnt maintaining the correct FC level. I had just checked CYA a couple of days ago, so I was going off that number when comparing CYA to FC level. I tested it just now. Well, its double what it was. Apparently DW put more Dichlor in the tub and I didnt know. So Ive bumped the FC (bleach) to shock level for my new whopping 60ppm CYA level. I was going to do a partial replacment but after the work I put in today, Ill just deal the higher FC level, and let it go down as we replace splash out.

Thanks for the help.
    N. Mississippi.