Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebbletec stains and closing.

1. Back To Top    #1

Media PA

Pebbletec stains and closing.

I have a unground pool with Pebbletec. Black pebbletec. I do not recommend black pebbletec...

After a significant bout of algae, my pool now has light spots and they seem to be getting worse. I have had light spots before and after a healthy dose of muriatic to drive the PH down they went away. I do not have any problem doing this again. Also, i have additional white spots in a area where i think some undisolved chlorine sat on pool floor for awhile. Fall leaves seem to have clogged my drain and i think there was poor pool water flow for a couple of days.... i should know better...

My question is, can i do the muriatic treatment when i re-open in the spring. Or should i do this now. I have another trip coming up so i will be away for a bit, so no option to really babysit the pool.'

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pebbletec stains and closing.

Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, having any chemical sit on the surface (especially black) is certainly not a good idea and could result in the color fading out. Sounds like you must not ahve been adding the chemicals in the manner that we recommend.

I am unclear what exactly is the problem. You say there are light spots that go away is you add acid. Are they rough? Is it calcium scaling?

Please post up a full set of test results and add your pool details to your signature and as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!