New build, north DFW again!

Sep 16, 2014
North DFW
Greetings everybody.

First, I must say this site has been awesome for us as we tried to get our bearings on pool terminology while we were getting bids for our very first pool.

We have finally chosen a builder and should be starting our build shortly.

Specs of the build are as the following.

39x18 3.5X4.5X9 34k gallon IG pool
109' Perimeter
3 18" Stone Scuppers
18" Raised Spa w/8 jets
Polaris 1.5HP Air Blower
Jandy 60 SqFt DE filter
Jandy 2.0 EPump w/SVS
Jandy JXi400 heater
Jandy PDA PS6 Controller
A&A Manufacturing ICS with G4 venturi heads
2 Pool Lights, 1 Spa Light
1 Tanning ledge, 1 love seat, 1 bench.
814 sqft washed aggregate decking
Leuders limestone for spa, raised wall, and coping
Delozone Eclipse 20
234 sqft Cedar shade arbor

Comments are always welcome!

Here are a few of the artist concepts...

What plaster are you going with?

I'll toss out an idea mainly b/c I'm an LED lover...Consider LED lighting.

Our dig is scheduled for Tuesday!

Unfortunately, we have 2 red oak trees that are in the way. We planted them way before we even considered a pool. The builder is planning on just removing them with the excavator. We are considering moving one, but I'm not sure we want to deal with the leaves and acorns. Does anyone have any other ideas?

This one is doing really good and is really taking off, its over 20 feet now...

Gorgeous looking pool! We're about a week ahead of you. Are you going to be able to get the 1:1 setback of 9' from the house to the deep end side of pool? Though that may not be required in your neck of the woods like it is in Frisco.

Gorgeous looking pool! We're about a week ahead of you. Are you going to be able to get the 1:1 setback of 9' from the house to the deep end side of pool? Though that may not be required in your neck of the woods like it is in Frisco.

Thank you! Honestly, I don't have any idea of what a setback is. Does that mean the deep end has to be 9 feet away from the house? I hope the builder would have all that squared away.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If those are Shumard Oaks and they are north of your pool, they will be dropping leaves in your pool all winter here in texas. My neighbor had two giant oaks north of me, and so winter, all of them blew into my yard, from December through feb.

I have 4 young peach trees that I am going to have to remove... no more free peaches. :-(

Ok, we are officially in the digging phase! I expected them to finish the excavating today, but the track hoe broke towards the end. It sure looks like a big hole though.

I took many pictures, here are a few.

It was going pretty fast until...

They almost finished, then the track hoe broke.

And from inside the pit.

I believe you can view all the pictures if you click on the link directly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.