Polyquat (and Chlorine) Questions

Shaf77

Jun 10, 2010
Toronto, ON. Canada
Hello,

Am planning on closing our pool this Sunday ourselves for the first time (with the help of someone who does this regularly).

Questions:

1. Where do I buy polyquat from in Toronto?
2. How much do I need?
3. When do I put it in? Prior to draining below the returns or after? I would assume after so as not to "waste" any (and run the pump with the skimmer closed).

Same for Chlorine... If I want to boost the FC, when should I add? After draining?

Thanks!

The additions need to be made while you can still run the pump for a good while to mix the chemicals with the water.

Polyquat comes in 30% and 60%, so how much you need depends on which you find. The 60% dosage runs about a pint per 10000 gallons or ~38000L

The additions need to be made while you can still run the pump for a good while to mix the chemicals with the water.

Polyquat comes in 30% and 60%, so how much you need depends on which you find. The 60% dosage runs about a pint per 10000 gallons or ~38000L

Awesome! Thanks!

I can run my pump even after dropping the water level as I can close off my skimmer and use just my main drain.

Now to find where I can buy polyquat here in Toronto.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.