Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polyquat (and Chlorine) Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Polyquat (and Chlorine) Questions

Hello,

Am planning on closing our pool this Sunday ourselves for the first time (with the help of someone who does this regularly).

Questions:

1. Where do I buy polyquat from in Toronto?
    2. How much do I need?
    3. When do I put it in? Prior to draining below the returns or after? I would assume after so as not to "waste" any (and run the pump with the skimmer closed).

Same for Chlorine... If I want to boost the FC, when should I add? After draining?

Thanks!
    16'x34' Inground Vinyl Pool. 65,500L. Hayward S244T2 24 Sand Filter. Hayward 1hp Super Pump. Raypak PR266 EN 266,000 btu,. AquaRite SWCG. Aqualamp LED 2 w/ remote

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polyquat (and Chlorine) Questions

The additions need to be made while you can still run the pump for a good while to mix the chemicals with the water.

Polyquat comes in 30% and 60%, so how much you need depends on which you find. The 60% dosage runs about a pint per 10000 gallons or ~38000L
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    The additions need to be made while you can still run the pump for a good while to mix the chemicals with the water.

Polyquat comes in 30% and 60%, so how much you need depends on which you find. The 60% dosage runs about a pint per 10000 gallons or ~38000L
    Awesome! Thanks!

I can run my pump even after dropping the water level as I can close off my skimmer and use just my main drain.

Now to find where I can buy polyquat here in Toronto.
    16'x34' Inground Vinyl Pool. 65,500L. Hayward S244T2 24 Sand Filter. Hayward 1hp Super Pump. Raypak PR266 EN 266,000 btu,. AquaRite SWCG. Aqualamp LED 2 w/ remote

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Any pool store in TO should have Polyquat. Check around to see who carries Mursatt Chemicals, they sell a 40% and 60%