Mandeville,La
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Is there a way to tone down the force of the air from an air blower for a spa? The PB put in a 2 HP blower and the force of the air is almost beating you up when its on, as the wife says. Is a lower H/P blower needed or can you tune the existing one down? The spa is fine without the blower on, just don't get the massage feel that the air brings(with much force).

I think you can just add a ball valve in the pipe below the blower and partially close it off. The blower should be able to bypass any extra air without damage.

Although I would like for someone else to confirm this.

Have you tried the spa with the blower removed not just off? Some spas will work just fine without a blower. Also, how far is the spa from the blower?

Also, closing off the air flow tends to make the blower much louder so another trick is to put a tee after the blower with a valve on the bypass of the tee so that you can adjust how much air is bypassed.

I don't have a blower, but I do have a Jandy valve on the pipe, that I shut it off to heat faster. if I added a blower I could quite easily regulate how much air gets to the spa with the valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.