Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air blower for spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Air blower for spa

Is there a way to tone down the force of the air from an air blower for a spa? The PB put in a 2 HP blower and the force of the air is almost beating you up when its on, as the wife says. Is a lower H/P blower needed or can you tune the existing one down? The spa is fine without the blower on, just don't get the massage feel that the air brings(with much force).
    12K gal, custom flipped kidney bean with spillover spa. All Pentair equipment, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, 400K BTU heater, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, CCP-320 Cartridge filters, Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner with bootster pump, QuartzScapes in Aruba Sky blue, LED lights and travertine tiles for decking and stones on rear edge for landscaping. TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air blower for spa

I think you can just add a ball valve in the pipe below the blower and partially close it off. The blower should be able to bypass any extra air without damage.

Although I would like for someone else to confirm this.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Have you tried the spa with the blower removed not just off? Some spas will work just fine without a blower. Also, how far is the spa from the blower?

Also, closing off the air flow tends to make the blower much louder so another trick is to put a tee after the blower with a valve on the bypass of the tee so that you can adjust how much air is bypassed.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Ah ... that is a better idea on how to "bypass"/divert the air flow.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I don't have a blower, but I do have a Jandy valve on the pipe, that I shut it off to heat faster. if I added a blower I could quite easily regulate how much air gets to the spa with the valve.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Also drilling some holes in the pipe below the blower helps as well.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,